7.06.2012

Age

I met a writer the other day,  he's a novelist.  He is getting published.  We talked a lot, because....i think i'm a writer too?  Least that's what my college says.

I met another musician the other day.  He pushed me to get on the mic that night.  He was crazy, wasn't scared at all to stand infront of a crowd that gave him a few looks and he inspired me like every musician i meet.

you know what?

I've met a lot of older people in the past few weeks.

I question why it is seemingly impossible to find people my age unless they are from my school. 
But I don't mind.
Because one friend told me.  "I forget you are so young, when i hang out with you, i think we are the same age"
 

I respect that.  And even though i am way younger than all these people.  They treat me like an adult.  They respect me, and i feel accepted.  I can joke and talk about things as if the age was thrown out the window.  Knowledge is collective... so they do have more in certain areas.  But i've seen a lot.  Done a lot.  You just have to think that people can always relate to each other.  We are all human.  We are all living in the same time period.  We exprience the same things.

So when you meet someone, don't be afraid of how old they are.
And don't let them treat you like their child, unless you want another parent.
Meet people,  everyone has an interesting story.  Everyone has feelings that you can probably relate to.

 And because of all this.  I don't give a shit how old anyone is.  Because of the respect i was given.  I want to give everyone i meet the same respect.  Unless you find a way to make me take that back (which is quite hard) 

So whoever is reading this.  Whether you are a stalker, you landed here by mistake, or you are one of my good friends.

I respect you all.
peace and love.





No comments: