7.28.2012

Writer's Apocolypse Day 2


Day 2

The bossman issued me to make some copies today.  His personal secretary was out today and I could see why.  He abuses the hell out of that woman, I try to imagine her sitting down, but I couldn’t.  I don’t think any part of her perfectly round tookis has ever made contact with the soft black leather of her own chair.  Poor woman.  But I don’t get why I have to make copies instead of Stacy, who just makes that brown muck all day.

I arrived at the door of the copy room and spot a pair dangerously close.  As soon as they sensed my presence they quickly collapsed their hands by their thighs.  My mind didn’t wander as much when I saw the slick black hair of grease lighting.  It was just Jake, a guy who dresses “in style” or so he says.  With the lovely Stacy.  Who, might I mention again, brews poison.

 I spotted a tiny slip of paper peeking through the crevice made in between the man’s index and middle finger.
“What you two up to?” I asked.
“Oh, just chit chat” Jake responded.
“Ahh, hello Stacy.” I said as I turned my back to Jakes greasy stare.
“Hello, Spence”
“I’ll be out of your business in a minute, just making some copies.”


The two shifted a little farther thinking that was enough to be out of earshot.
They were indeed a sad pair.  The Copier warmed up and sounded like the roar of an aircraft turbine winding up.

 Jake never has ideas, ever.  He gets them from Stacy, and I think everyone knows that except our lovely boss.  Who cannot tell how flaming all his topics are.  “The life and troubles of an abandoned puppy” or “A teens guide to College” in the point of view of a drama queen girl may I add.  Then it again, maybe his horrendous tie-dye weave tie is the culprit.  I think that tie controls his brain, it would make sense.  I fed paper by paper in and yawned. 

No comments: