7.27.2012

writer's apoclypse Day 1


 Writer’s apocalypse
                                                                                                                        Joe Baker!
Day 1

I slammed my head leaving a defecating print on the stack of unwritten sheets.  Then I started to roll my face in a wax on wax off motion all over my desk. I groaned loudly.
A pair of eyes neatly framed by thin black glossy rims appeared from the horizon created by my office cubicles artificial hedge.
“What’s wrong Spencer?”
“Writer’s block Zareen”
“Shame, I’m already on my second page!”
“Really?”
She paused for a moment, and subtly sank down out of view.

While I continued in my agony, drawing nothing but blanks, suffering from the quotas deathly embrace.   Stacy breezed by and an intertwined mix of espresso and a trace of flower spice that tingles your nose made me lean back in my chair in relaxation.

Too bad I fell.
Stacy turned around and knelt over me holding the glass jar. 
“Are you ok?”
I didn’t respond right away, my eyes were wandering along her fantastically low cut shirt. 
“…Are you ok?” Stacy said with less concern in her voice and a crooked brow.
“Yea, I-I’m fine thanks.”

I tried hiding the shit eating grin in the back of my head until she walked back off to do her own business. 
“Sweet.”

I tilted my chin up and saw Zareen again, looking down at my pathetic self.
“On page 3 I’m guessin’?”
She quickly receded again and I continued grinning.


(this series will be continued!!! Keep checking for updates!!!)

No comments: