2.16.2012

what i emailed my professor today

Professor,

My good friend was very upset about his girlfriend yesterday.  I decided to do what good friends do and become his drinking buddy.  I only intended to get one drink (i had a pretty long day as well) but the gravity of the situation had called for more.  Much of the night entailed of depressed dribble drabble relationship talk.  I gave him advice that i could never follow on my own.  I also shared my personal experience of punching concrete because of a girl.  But then it gave him the idea to start swinging his fists around...I assured him it will just make his hand ache in the morning, if the hangover wasn't strong enough.  I told him to punch me in the arm to let out any aggression instead.
 
 
To avoid becoming as significant as a sack of potatoes, i changed the subject.  "ha, just find another girl"  i blurted.  So he started confessing himself to contacts on his phone.  Not my intention at all.  As the alcohol started to consume us our talks went rampid and he started singing karoke.  I think he passed out midsong, dropping his glass of water on the floor.  We carried him off to bed and i spent the night unable to sleep with something i like to call alcohol induced insomnia.  So i drew, a lot.  Alcohol loosens the muscles in the hand and brain so everything that is produced flows, glides, and dithers between transitions of insanity while cigarettes became my new drinking buddy.   I don't think there are much benefits to smoking aside from the small hope of attaining a rock star voice.  Unless, i enjoyed walking from Tamachi station from school and it was the most epic journey i imagined: myself passing out by the entrance and all these salary men stepping on my wheezing corpse. 

Needless to say, here i am strung out from exhaustion, typing this story as a sad excuse for missing class today.
See you on Tuesday..
 
Joe

1 comment:

Unknown said...

im curious to know what he said in return?