2.19.2012

the booze dance

Saturday was a zombie day.
and for two very good reasons.

free and alcohol.

It was snowing in Shibuya the other night.  I immediately regretted my decision of not bringing an umbrella after one was handed to me before i left and i was like "PFFFF i'll be fine" .

fuck my hands were cold, particularly because my blood decides to ignore my extremities until they turn purple and dead.  Thanks blood, you asshole.

I was suppose to meet the drummer i hung out with last weekend in Shibuya round 10 and figure out what to do.  I coaxed someone else to come along so i wouldn't have to stand and wait around in the middle of shibuya while my phone kept yelling you're out of minutes and need a new card.

Eventually we all met in an Irish pub and im introduced to all the drummer's friends.

then the booze dance started.

pints pints pints, appetizers and pints, appetizers and pints.
(repeat)

and guess what?  i was being treated these things.  Nice beer?  free nice beer?
or freeb for short.

2 girls were there, they decided the snow was so beautiful that they wanted to stand out on the balcony so they can get covered in freezing wet snow.   After they came back they were shivering and told us they weren't drunk, they were just so entranced by the heavy flakes of snow.  (it really hasn't snowed much in tokyo this year.)

It was also one of their birthdays, so we sung happy birthday in spanish (yes spanish...) while the pints of beer started to fuel my intoxication.

...and after a while the two girls started conversing with some ibm salary men.
only thing i could contribute was my ibm computer from the early 90's that could play frogger and pacman....and pretty much just that.


 Now i'll go into detail about the rest of my night some other day because today, i am once again a zombie. surprise!!!

Because i went to karoke, and it was all you can drink for an hour -an alcoholic's buffet table...and the person ordering our drinks either didn't know how to count...or really really wanted to get his money's worth...and well...

if that helps explain things a little better...

so i will now resume hibernation.
-Till next time.





No comments: