11.11.2019

Touch Interface

For my interface I wanted to create give a musical aesthetic associated with the controls.  Ideally this would be used in a serial interface with a midi program such as Ableton.




This would be the virtual bass.  By selecting the bass clef you activate the instrument, and there would be notes that would correspond with midi notes on a musical staff.




The bass clef was really responsive.

I found out later that the LEDs were wired inverse of each other. So only one goes on depending on how it is wired. This is good for debugging the polarity.  The velostat was a variable resistor so the LED brightness can be controlled as way of haptic feedback.  Maybe can be used for setting tempo or rhythm.



The second switch was troublesome.  I'm not sure if it was the connection or the arduino but it wouldn't register off easily once it was turned on.  I checked for shorts and the multimeter wouldn't beep, rather it would show the resistance go lower.  Even after rebuilding the contact points and making them smaller so they wouldn't short I still had some issues.


No comments: