10.02.2018

Paper Dreams

New week, new me.  This week I took advantage of the assignment to step away from the computer light I dazzle my eyes with all day long.  I started with Photoshop and just realized I was replicating everything I would do by hand.  So, I hopped over to the art store down the street and found my color palette there.

I also recently purchased a notebook.  I know, I'm going real old school here.  

To make 6 square compositions comprised of 6 colors that describe me. 
I listed things I liked and tried to throw in some adjectives for each. 
This would be the foundation of what I ended up cutting out on paper.


 I started cutting out shapes, and textures I felt would emulate my ideas.  Of course, If I ran into anything that looked nice it didn't really matter what the idea was previously.  I actually even liked how these were placed on the cutting board.  I told my friend Nick, "I like this the way it is...DONE!"  Haha, just kidding.


 Dividing up this board into 6 sections of 6x6in squares  I started posting my compositions from top left to right.  Does it emulate a story of sorts?  Maybe, but it looks nice using the same color palette throughout.  Even if they are separate compositions I used elements left over from each to further bring some unison.  I also kept the lines in between each square invisible to make it easily seen as one big piece instead of 6 smaller ones.


Towards the bottom 3 compositions I was starting to lose it slightly by yelling out "lines, shapes, I need them!"  As my cutting got faster and the blade dulled the pieces became simpler and more abstract.

No comments: