12.19.2013

Hidden Treasures

Have you ever found yourself digging into your parents past belongs only to find something that screams "perfect" for you??

I've been doing some treasure hunting myself for such items.  You don't have to pay for these objects and they have a bit of related history woven into them.  Win-win am I right?

In my findings, I came across an awesome coat.  It's a bit of a fixer upper with some missing buttons and accessories but it is do-able.  It is my size and is exactly what I've been looking for to keep me snug and suave against the chilly city air I will be encountering on New Years Eve (That's right I'll be partying it up in NYC this year!).  "Cheers big ears!" As my old friend Nick would say.  So now, I'm prepared to be stranded somewhere at an odd hour clenching a hidden champagne glass close while being as toasty as a sheep in a microwave-oven.

It's funny how much thought and consideration goes into one night of partying.  Least for me, I don't get out much.  I'm bound to a keyboard, guitar, or my pillow. Who needs friends right?

I do...

Going back to my new discovery, I wonder why my parents are not wearing such awesome looking coats and garments anymore?  Is this a phase that they went through at my age?  The age of expedition to find a voice and to dress to swoon the audience?  Well, I hope a volcano rockets me into space before I become old and attain a lackluster appeal towards my own appearance. 

But it makes me think, if this coat fits me so well now as it did for my father; what happened when he got older?  And will I progress in a similar way?  DADS SHOULD NOT WEAR TENNIS SHOES TO THE BEACH —I'M SORRY.

To the future me:

If you are reading this reminiscing on how awesome you are.  Please tell me that you are not wearing tennis shoes to such areas. If you are, this is obviously a parallel timeline in-which i grew up to be a shoobie.

Regards,
Past-Joe


Oh, and here is a video of my brother making "jack'd frost" the athletically built snowman after his daily run.  Watch till the end for pictures of the end result!

No comments: