4.08.2020

Simple Lines and Relationships

I wanted to take a well known font and mess it up.  One of the standard fonts that is used in nearly every modern design template for western characters is Helvetica.  I used to work with this font in very standard way with proper spacing and margins to so it can be used in many digital platforms.  I personally like the Gotham thin style but I didn't have the file on-hand.



messing with transform tools
an interesting replacement for the "raspberry" symbol by only changing source font file

After becoming familiar with the basic transform tools I wanted to intergrete these path tools into a composition.




I really liked this "i", it took me a few tries to work more elements into the code to get a more desired results
Coding isn't my strong suit but I wanted to make a composition that had a shared source, same characters, but some were altered to be illegible.  The end results came closer to concrete poetry.


captured that "untitled Tooltip"  but lets say it was intentional

I evoke the feeling of motion was my idea by stretching the x-coordinates in areas.  It would have been cool to use the word "rain" but due to the weird way i glued to code together it ran the array per character.  4 letter words did not look as good as 3 letter words.

No comments: